The new Global Cleanable Airlock (GCA) is ideal for applications where dry raw or finished products are being handled in the process and where inspection or system clean-out are required.
Because the GCA is designed for high process rates and possesses a number of features suited for sanitary processes, it is ideal for food and pet food applications.
Two models of the GCA consist of a standard and a demountable unit. The standard model is a round inlet, round outlet rotary valve that incorporates seals and product contact surfaces that meet food safety requirements. The demountable unit is designed with a rail system that simplifies removal of the endplate/rotor assembly from the housing, providing access to the internal valve cavity, rotor pockets, and all other product contact areas for quick and easy cleaning.
Other key features of the GCA Airlock include:
• Easy access to seals with rotor removed from endplate
• All stainless steel construction with the exception of the endplate bearings
• Housing and endplates designed for 10 Bar explosion shock resistance
• FDA and EC 1935/2004 approved materials of construction in product contact areas
• Oversized rotor shaft creates a naturally radiused rotor pocket for more complete product release
Schenck Process, Kansas City, MO 800-821-2476 www.schenckprocess.com
For related articles, news, and equipment reviews, visit our Valves, Gates, & Airlocks Equipment Zone
Click here for a List of Valve, Gate, & Airlock Manufacturers