Whether you are a seasoned chemical engineer or fresh out of university entering the field, Powder & Bulk Solids' newest whitepaper on the employment outlook for chemical engineers in North America will provide insights on the industries where chemical engineers work, the projected job market moving into the 2020s, and a glimpse at potential hiring trends over the next few years.
Though job creation for roles occupied by chemical engineers is projected to remain sluggish in the U.S. through 2024, many new exciting opportunties are arising, fuelling the development of new jobs, and the pending retirement of thousands of baby boomers will open a number of positions. In Canada, thousands of new jobs for chemical engineers are forecasted to be created through 2024.
Some highlights from Powder & Bulk Solids' survey of employment prospects through the early 2020s include:
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms are increasingly hiring chemical engineers
- Chemical engineers remain one of the highest paid occupations among all engineering categories
- The engineering services industry employs the most (36%) chemical engineers in the U.S. out of any industry
- 37% of new chemical engineering jobs created in Canada through 2024 will result from expansion demand
- Global employment of chemical engineers is expected to remain stable through the early 2020s
Register now for free to download this whitepaper and learn what the road ahead looks like for chemical engineering employment.